1. "Obama’s massive budget" Borrow and spend.
Representative Sample: Obama, of course, is saying that the CBO has it all wrong. HE, based on his immense government and management experience - which he has been displaying so brilliantly - says that he will cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term.
2. "UN Afghan Envoy: Obama Should Negotiate With The Taliban. All Of Them." UN thinks it's a good idea, many experts, including the Taliban themselves, disagree.
Representative Sample: "This does not require any response or reaction for this is illogical," Qari Mohammad Yousuf, a purported spokesman for the insurgent group, told Reuters.
3. "Plutonium Powered Pacemakers: Americans with Atomic Hearts" Not just for bombs and reactors.
4. "Mega Slums Map" Where are the world's greatest slums?
Representative Sample: It's a graphic.
5. "No, Roger Cohen, No!" Someone else who thinks Roger Cohen is a useful idiot for Iran, but is a little nicer than I was about saying it.
Representative Sample: Why does this sound so familiar? Probably because it’s exactly what people who visited the Soviet Union a generation ago tended to say. Yet to take this position with Iran today requires a far greater degree of naivete
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.