1. "What Is The Big Deal About AIG Bonuses?" A different perspective.
Representative Sample: I want to know what the big deal really is. My understanding is that the companies have to pay back the bailout money. If that is the case what does it matter how they spend it especially if there were no rules?
2. "Vatican, stung by cruelty accusations, tries to limit the damage to its reputation" Too late, again.
Representative Sample: In a frantic backtracking exercise, Brazilian bishops said last week that the excommunication of the mother and doctors of the girl, who was pregnant with twins after having allegedly been raped by her stepfather, was wrong and would not be applied.
3. "What Obama's Stump Speech Should Have Been" That would have required honesty -- something politicians are allergic to.
4. "Have humans evolved a g-spot?" Not that one. The "g" stands for gods.
Representative Sample: I keep seeing reports from researchers in neuroscience that suggest we humans might be “hard-wired” for belief in gods. Recently another such report raised interest on the internet.
5. "the scary world of sex" More reasons to be glad you aren't an insect.
Representative Sample: Another mate who might just eat you during the act is the mantis female. While there are a few controversies about how common sexual cannibalism really is in mantises, there are cases in which a hungry female will bite off the head of her mate
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.