1. "Left Wing Activists Embrace 9/10 Mindset, Eagerly Await Prosecution Of Bush Advisors" Calling it 9/10 mindset is extremely generous.
Representative Sample: This particular Spanish inquisition will be a litmus test for the Obama administration as it will tell the public whether real adults are in charge of US foreign policy and the War on Terror or if the radicals bent on revenge at all costs have assumed control.
2. "A Far Worse World is Possible" A long but good defense of capitalism.
Representative Sample: Both language and market economics are self organizing creations of the aggregate “mind” of humanity. Like bees in a hive, humans create the market system without any individual having a real understanding of the enterprise.
3. "Questions from a skeptic" A skeptic of the administration's plans for Afghanistan/Pakistan.Representative Sample: I know we want Pakistan to be our ally. I get it. But calling them one is a little like calling a cloud in the sky a tiger or a racing car just because it happens to look like one at the moment.
4. "Water Torture Device" For our own personnel, not terrorists.
Representative Sample: METS™ devices simulate underwater disorientation caused by a rapidly sinking, inverted helicopter.
5. "Video Games Get the Blame in Colorado Shooting Spree" If it isn't guns being scapegoated for the actions of maniacs it's something else, in this case games.
Representative Sample: A Colorado police officer has suggested that a troubled 22-year old man who went on a random shooting spree last October may have been influenced by violent video games.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.