1. ""Red is positive, black is negative and make sure his nuts are wet"" Someone at a major newspaper who isn't whining about torture.
Representative Sample: He says the thing that most of us really think about torture and terrorists, but which few of us admit except in private or on internet chatrooms, partly because we've been brainwashed by the prevailing culture
2. "Commentary: Airline Experience Begs Question, ‘Who Are America’s Heroes?’" Airline passengers able to identify American Idol winners, but not Medal of Honor winners. Big surprise there.
Representative Sample: many Americans grow to revere fictional heroes as well as sports and celebrity icons. But silence descended over the cabin of a flight bound from Jacksonville, Fla., to Baltimore when the conversation turned to those who had earned the nation’s highest honor for valor
3. "Islam Must Engage Critics" A Muslim with good advice for fellow members of the religion.
4. "Atheism and hope" Is atheism empty of hope for the future?
Representative Sample: atheism doesn’t define what a person DOES believe. Not all atheists are going to believe in the same things just because they happen to share a lack of belief in a god or gods.
5. "Why Republicans need to STRIP: A Random Guy's Perspective" (Sovereignty, Tradition, Restraint, Identity, and Property). Interesting article on GOP reform.
Representative Sample: Begin to reform our economic image: Our Party is frequently for using free-market language to justify subsidies for the wealthy.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.