1. "Freedom's pecking order -- how the states stack up"My state of NJ? #49. Unfortunately not surprising.
Representative Sample: "the first-ever comprehensive ranking of the American states on their public policies affecting individual freedoms in the economic, social, and personal spheres."
2. "Intellectually Incurious" Obama = Bush in certain ways.
Representative Sample: What all of these things add up to is a picture of a president who is essentially uninterested in military policy, or foreign policy, or, really, economic policy, and who in effect simply ignores them to the extent he is able, and delegates their operation to his subordinates.
3. "This is your brain on Obama" Graphic representation of typical liberal Democrat's brain. Someone on the left should do one of these for conservative Republicans.
4. "A Look at Liberal Christianity" One thing we atheists can agree on with fundamentalists is that Liberal Christianity is pretty pointless.
Representative Sample: I don’t know which parts of the theory he wants to keep and which parts he wants to discard, nor do I know why he wants only bits and pieces of the theory rather than the whole.
5. "Notes from Chairman Lenin—and Dostoevsky" Words to think about.
Representative Sample: The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.