1. "Pelosi: Pointing Out What A Liar I Am Is A "Distraction"" Not just Pelosi, but some good points on the torture debate in general.
Representative Sample: I like calling how we're calling them "truth commissions." That has a nice 1948-esque air to it, leaving more nuanced leftists to insist that what's really in play are "truth and reconciliation commissions." Just like they had in post-Apartheid South Africa. Because Khalid Sheikh Mohammed - he's basically our contemporary Mandela.
2. "Real Zombies Found!" Really. Check it out.
Representative Sample: Eventually their heads fall off, and they die.
3. "Billions for "Entitlements" - Defense Not So Much" Because Democrats love taxing and spending -- except for defense.
Representative Sample: Not much of a gamble in the short term. I mean the weapons, ships, carriers and aircraft we have now ought to be good for another 8 years, right?
4. "Stratfor: “The Strategic Debate Over Afghanistan”" Links to an interesting analysis.
Representative Sample: On one side are President Barack Obama, Defense Secretary Robert Gates and a substantial amount of the U.S. Army leadership. On the other side are Petraeus— the architect of U.S. strategy in Iraq after 2006 — and his staff and supporters.
5. "Chuck Schumer In 2004: Torture Should Be On The Table" Evidence that Chuck Schumer is not an moral absolutist on torture.
Representative Sample: We ought to be reasonable about this. I think there are probably very few people in this room or in America who would say that torture should never, ever be used, particularly if thousands of lives are at stake.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.