1. "Why do anti-torture people want to push their morality on the rest of us?" Best torture post ever, satire or not.
Representative Sample: We're going to endanger ourselves for some wacko's personal beliefs or their vision of the "American way?"
2. "The Psychophantic Left" And another good post on torture.
Representative Sample: Such an absolutist position is clearly asinine, but it is the position of the left wing of the Democratic Party and their psychophants (I'm coining that phase as an amalgam of psychotic and sycophant, and defining it as an ideologically servile person who avoids an uncomfortable reality to maintain a logically untenable position).
3. "Democrats Say OK Torture" Still more on torture & Democrats.
Representative Sample: Here’s a serious question to liberals. Would you be more pissed off to know nancy Pelosi was a part of the “enhanced interrogation” debacle by supporting it, or would you be more pissed off to find out that she not only condoned torture, but also did so while pretending as if she was a vocal critic of it?
4. "Study Concludes Intercessory Prayer Doesn’t Work; Christians Twist the Results" I know, shocking.
Representative Sample: This idea has been tested repeatedly — usually, the studies have flaws. And even when the results show that the intercessory prayer has no effect on anyone, those who believe in it will look at the hits and ignore (or rationalize) the misses.
5. "Shock Poll: Americans Want Less Government, Less Spending" Maybe they shouldn't keep voting for Democrats.
Representative Sample: 54 percent of voters think the Obama administration is proposing too much of an increase in government spending, while 6 percent say not enough. About a third -- 35 percent -- says the spending is "about right."
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.