Sunday, May 31, 2009

HOT5 Daily 5/31/2009

1. "Staying on Message: Conservatives Should Play Offense, not Defense" Some good advice.

Representative Sample: the far Left continues to substitute insults for serious debate. They regularly accuse conservatives of hypocrisy, racism, homophobia, and indifference to the poor and unemployed. They ascribe selfish and venal motives to those who support limited government and maximized opportunity.

2. "Obama: Do As I Say, Not As I Do"  An interesting perspective on the Sotomayor nomination.

Representative Sample: With the nomination of John Roberts, Senator Obama clearly stakes out is position favoring judicial activism. He said that in 95% of the cases following the Constitution is fine. The other 5% of the time judges should feel free to re-write the constitution.

3. "Beheading and crucifixion in contemporary legal practice" Sometimes barbaric Saudi practices actually serve a useful purpose.

Representative Sample: In Canada, when a man molests and murders a child our intellectual superiors explain we are all to blame. The offender is then either i) sent off to be rehabilitated and granted tenure in a social science program

4. "What Is It That Former Russian Communists Understand That American Liberals Do Not?" Article in Pravda sees the U.S. going Marxist.

Representative Sample:This commentary in Pravda, the former official newspaper of the Soviet Communist Party has the leftward slide in the U.S. nailed!

5. "What past President does Obama most closely resemble?" Easy question.

Representative Sample:This essay provides some haunting similarities between Obama and one of our more interesting presidents, one whose election reveals much about how modern America differs from our past.

To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at Put HOT5 in the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment