1. "House Health Care Bill Comes With a 69% Capital Gains Tax Increase" Tax & spend: two words that define the Democratic party.
Representative Sample: The Wall Street Journal’s editors are demanding combat pay for reading the monstrous House health care bill. They deserve it. What they found is what amounts to a 69% tax on capital gains.
2. "Progressive utopia — enemy of Liberty" Liberty is completely irrelevant to the nanny-staters. Freedom just isn't good for you.
Representative Sample: The words “Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness” are quite deliberate. Proper government for a free people does not guarantee happiness nor grant happiness to some people at the expense of liberty of other people.
3. "Confusion and Leaks Further Mar White House Afghan Policy" It would be comical if it weren't so serious.
Representative Sample: One would think that the merits of this position would have been hashed out long ago (like, say, back in March, when the results of the last Afghan policy review were announced) and that President Obama would have concluded by now that we can’t simply write off Afghanistan because of the “corruption and ineffectiveness” of its government.
4. "Terrible journalist blames Darwin for school shootings" Because radical Islamists are such big supporters of science and evolutionary theory.
Representative Sample: the author is trying to make the conclusion that teaching evolution is bad, because a few disturbed people have twisted the theory to fit their own psychopathic beliefs. Well, if we have to get rid of “dangerous” ideas, why are we allowing texts like the Bible
5. "Holy Water Dispenser is Catholic Swine Flu Cure for H1N1?" Pretty funny. You'd think if the water were actually "holy," they wouldn't have to worry about it being contaminated by diseases. Oops, applying logical reasoning to religion. Sorry.
Representative Sample: Leave it to entrepreneurial Catholics to develop an automatic holy water dispenser to prevent the spread of swine flu. Cure H1N1, or at least prevent it!
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.