1. "Global Nuclear Plant Construction Moves Forward, Except in the U.S. (Politics and market conditions make it tough for a large-scale rival to carbon-based energy)" Our failure to pursue the one proven, mass source of alternative energy.
Representative Sample: more than 50 years after that first nuclear power supply, America lags far behind even developing nations in new construction. New roadblocks threaten to further erode progress in the U.S.
2. "TANSTAAFL" Something most Democrats don't understand, or pretend not to.
Representative Sample: Who is going to pay for all of these "free" goodies that are not free at all? Some folks propose that the rich pay for all of these freebies. They already pay 70% of all taxes in this country.
3. "The Origin of Taste" Why do certain cultures like certain foods?
Representative Sample: Are human taste buds really that different from region to region? I always knew taste was personal, but there seems to be a cultural element to it as well..
4. "Capture a Terrorist, Go To Jail" Let's just start killing them instead.
Representative Sample: This is how politically correct the military has become. This is why jihadists like Hasan are given a pass. This is the sorry state of affairs when it comes to fighting the terrorists.
5. "But They Loved Him In Berlin" More consequences of Obama's projection of weakness.
Representative Sample: Obama's determination to hug every thug in the world in order to prove he is not George Bush has opened a new problem
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.