1. "Mathematics versus The Blob" Guess what? We aren't just bad at teaching science.
Representative Sample: Is there any hope for major improvements in this situation? Despite all the speeches about “reform,” much of public education in America remains tightly controlled by the aggregate of interest groups that has been referred to as the blob.
2. "Bet you thought she was in jail already." I did, actually.
Representative Sample: A federal appeals court today ordered a convicted terror-coddling civil rights lawyer to begin serving her prison sentence.
3. "On War #322: What Is “Political Correctness?”" Intellectual history background.
Representative Sample: Marcuse injected the Frankfurt School’s cultural Marxism into the baby boom generation, to the point where it is now that generation’s ideology. We know it as “multiculturalism,” “diversity” or just Political Correctness.
4. "Small business loans down over $10B" Is there any wonder unemployment is still rising?
Representative Sample: more than ten billion dollars of available credit has disappeared for small business while Wall Street and big banking rolls in federal funds.
5. "Launch Major Counter Strike: Kilcullen" In favor of more troops for Afghanistan.
Representative Sample: Kilcullen has publicly called for a plus-up of at least 30,000 to 40,000 troops and has said a “middle ground” option is just courting failure. McChrystal said he needs to launch a counteroffensive to knock the Taliban off stride and regain the initiative. That requires a large enough force that can keep the Taliban off balance
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.