1. "THE HOPELESS BANALITY OF THE BLOGOSPHERE" Sharp critique of blogosphere reaction to the Ft. Hood shooting.
Representative Sample: without any definitive word from authorities, from his friends and associates, or from Hasan himself, both lefty and righty blogs have already “solved” the mystery of motive and any argument to the contrary is “racist,” or “pro-jihad,” or “hate speech,” or “political correctness.”
2. "Obama's loaves and fishes: fraud or miracles?" Fraud.
Representative Sample: Obama is pretending that his stimulus package is creating jobs—it can't create jobs. At best it can only redistribute them from productive sectors of the economy to unproductive sectors. At worst, it redistributes fewer jobs than it destroys.
3. "Ralph Peters: 'Fort Hood's 9/11'" Ugh. Peters goes way over the top in my opinion.
Representative Sample: What cowards we are. Political correctness killed those patriotic Americans at Ft. Hood as surely as the Islamist gunman did. And the media treat it like a case of non-denominational shoplifting.
4. "Is it time to get the state out of marriage yet?" Long past time.
Representative Sample: Maybe it's time to take the hint, and concede that, so long as we let government impose one top-down definition for marriage, voters in even the most tolerant states are going to insist that the definition be a conventional one.
5. "Firmly Behind The Genocide Solution" The farce that is the "peace process."
Representative Sample: Peace prospects between Israel and the Palestinians are bleaker than ever. The main reason for this is something that is rarely reported in the mass media
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.