1. "Stapled Together" A response to the argument that allowing same sex marriage will "lead to an expansion of the size and scope of the state."
Representative Sample: the really breathtaking part here is the claim that same-sex marriages are “loosely stapled together by the state.” Stapled together? Really?
2. "Secret copyright treaty leaks. It's bad. Very bad." Let's hope this is incorrect.
Representative Sample: The internet chapter of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, a secret copyright treaty whose text Obama's administration refused to disclose due to "national security" concerns, has leaked.
3. "China Declares Space War Inevitable" I agree with the Chinese about that.
Representative Sample: “As far as the revolution in military affairs is concerned, the competition between military forces is moving towards outer space… this is a historical inevitability and a development that cannot be turned back,” said air force commander Xu Qiliang in an interview with the official People’s Liberation Army Daily.
4. "who wants to build a warp drive anyway?" Speaking of space.
Representative Sample: when physicists Richard Obousy and Gerald Cleaver put together the energy requirements for a warp drive, they noted that a sufficiently advanced civilization could one day build it. And we’re going to use those requirements to find out whether a civilization like that could conceivably exist and what would happen to their solar system if they ever tried to create a device that warps space and time by locally boosting the ongoing expansion of the universe.
5. "This is How a Soldier Is Made" Links a very interesting photo essay.
Representative Sample: It's a link to a series of graphics.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.