1. "Prepare To Be Smeared" Anyone on the right is already used to left-wing smears. But this refers to the shooting at the Holocaust Museum.
Representative Sample: Because Mr. von Brunn was associated with anti-semitic and neo-nazi hate groups he will automatically be deemed “right wing” just like you. Nevermind that he also seems to have supported other, not-so-right-wing causes as well, or that just today a famous anti-semitic buddy of the President’s resurfaced with a timely quote. As someone labeled “right wing” you will now be forced to carry the von Brunn albatross
2. "Are Judaism and Christianity Really As Violent As Islam?" Short answer -- No.
Representative Sample: That is the question addressed by Raymond Ibrahim in the current issue of Middle East Quarterly, quoting a number of apologists for Islam who defend violence in Islamic texts by claiming that other religions are no different.
3. "What Does It Take For A Creationist To Accept Evolution?" Depends on the creationist.
Representative Sample:there are two type of creationists. Creationists who accept science, but add God and supernatural acts into their reality, and then there are the pathetic creationists who deny realities that do not fit in with their religious world views. The latter of course, are the creationists I am writing about now.
4. "War on Terror Officially Over: Terrorists Lawyering Up on Battlefield" I hope this isn't true. But with naive terrorist rights supporters running things it could be.
Representative Sample: if this is true, it's downright scary. As the article goes on to explain, the first thing Khalid Shiekh Mohammad --- the mastermind of 9/11 --- asked for upon being turned over to the U.S. was that he wanted a lawyer.
5. "The Top 10 Most Absurd Time Covers of The Past 40 Years" An interesting list.
Representative Sample: Time hangs its entire scare on a single study, “Marketing Pornography on the Information Superhighway.” That study found cyberporn was omnipresent on the Internet and led Time to produce one of its most (unintentionally) hilarious covers ever.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.