1. "A Little Sympathy for the President, Please" He is actually in a difficult position on how to handle the Iranian situation.
Representative Sample: But for those who want far more from our president, I can only say that while more verbal support might be good, we have to be careful. If we say too much, we own the revolution.
2. "can you get a little too skeptical?" Something to think about for fellow skeptics.
Representative Sample: one of the strangest critiques many popular science bloggers get when we talk about very advanced concepts which are still far too complex for us to test, isn’t from people who have a grudge against science or conspiracy theorists. Instead, they’re from people who say that some of the most radical ideas we have on the drawing board simply can’t be done.
3. "Nuclear Energy Update" About that news that looked positive for new nuclear construction.
Representative Sample: these Federal loans are only for a small part of the total construction cost. If they plan to build 7 plants and there is about $18 billion in guarantees, those guarantees won't even cover the OVERRUNS at those plants, given the likely way that construction and legal costs will spiral along the way.
4. "A Revised Ten Commandments for Atheists" Sounds good to me.
Representative Sample:2. Don't worship stuff.
5. "Molester free while dad who bashed him could be jailed" If you think the U.S. legal system is bad, try Australia's.
Representative Sample: A QUEENSLAND father who bashed a man caught molesting his 10-year-old son is facing a prison sentence, while the boy's attacker walks free.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.