1. "WHO IS MIR HOSSEIN MOUSAVI REALLY?" Just another enemy of the U.S., basically.
Representative Sample: During his premiership, Iran founded Hezbollah – a Shiite terrorist group based in southern Lebanon with active cells scattered worldwide. For Mousavi, Hezbollah became an important theocratic weapon: in the aftermath of Khomeini’s infamous fatwa against author Salman Rushdie
2. "The (Lesser) Rules of Civilization" A humorous list of 20 things that define being "civilized."
Representative Sample: 17. Water is free in restaurants (it falls from the sky, after all)
3. "Brits Debut "Stab-Proof" Knives" The wussification of Britain continues.
Representative Sample: With pictures.
4. "The Difference Between Conservatives and Liberals" One of the many.
Representative Sample: When you read stories about Republicans facing personal problems of their own doing, you're not going to see much sympathy from the right.
5. "A New Dialogue With Our Muslim Friends:" Could that be sarcasm? Yes, it could.
Representative Sample: They took civilians prisoner, killed them apparently without a trial, and we’re guessing didn’t even let the Red Cross see them. All this after President Obama promised to close the Guantanamo Bay detention facility!
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.