1. "New Economic Data In – $787 Billion Wasted" The unnecessary stimulus.
Representative Sample: Since President Obama didn’t take the oath of office until 2/3 of the way through January, and rushing through the stimulus package that nobody read took until the mid-point of the first quarter, the economy improved without any help from the new president.
2. "To Inspire and Convince" Not a good foundation for a moral theory.
Representative Sample: If we look at the things in human history that have had the power to ‘inspire and convince’, they have not had a particularly stellar track records.
3. "Britain’s WWII Poison Dart Plans Revealed" Interesting World War 2 information that was recently declassified.
Representative Sample: The darts were seen by military planners as "a promising chemical weapon of a novel kind" that would have an effective kill rate against enemy forces in the open.
4. "Intel Outside" Is our intelligence establishment behind the times?
Representative Sample:Like Nero fiddling while Rome burned, we seem happy believing that our prevailing business model is not defunct -- not a relic of another time. Unless we make fundamental changes in the way we conduct our business, the relevance of intelligence can only decline.
5. "Rating attractiveness: Study finds consensus among men, not women" Hmm. Could it be that women just don't know what they want? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Representative Sample:There is much more consensus among men about whom they find attractive than there is among women, according to a new study by Wake Forest University psychologist Dustin Wood.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.