1. "Lonewolf Diaries: Republicans Need to Grow a Sense of Humor" Yes. Let's leave the hypersensitivity to being offended to Democrats.
Representative Sample: Never has the GOP’s lack of funnybone been on sharper display than the last 5 months. For a party that claims to “shun political correctness,” we’ve certainly done a good job of embracing it. Over the past 150 days there have been three “media-worthy” politically incorrect moments related to this administration and Republicans have managed to jump on each one of them for political gain.
2. "Massachusetts Suspends Pentagon Giveaways to Local Police Departments" Do police departments really need armored personnel carriers, grenade launchers and other military equipment?
Representative Sample: small town police departments in Massachusetts have been using the Pentagon’s surplus weapons program to acquire some ridiculously high-powered weaponry.
3. "The Hell You Say!" To hell with hell. The concept of hell as an argument against Christianity.
Representative Sample: Fellow unbelievers: I don't think we rip on hell often enough or stronly enough. The disgusting dogma of eternal punishment is still accepted doctrine for most "mainstream" denominations, and certainly for all the fundamentalist ones.
4. "It’s more than just lesbian seagulls, you know…" More evidence that homosexuality is a more common natural occurrence than previously thought.
Representative Sample: recent research shows that, far from being an aberrant activity restricted to just a few species, homosexuality is in fact common in nature, from fruit flies on upwards
5. "The Ideological History of the Supreme Court, 1937-2007" An interesting chart.
Representative Sample: It's a graphic.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.