1. "Israel and the Axis of Evil" The Iran - North Korea connection.
Representative Sample: This past March the Swiss daily Neue Zuercher Zeitung reported that Iranian defector Ali Reza Asghari, who before his March 2007 defection to the US served as a general in Iran's Revolutionary Guards and as deputy defense minister, divulged that Iran paid for the North Korean facility.
2. "Fooling Only Yourself’" Administration pretending it can talk away rogue state nuclear weapons.
Representative Sample: Obama has called Iranian nuclear weapons “unacceptable,” but few people think he will do much beyond talk to Iran in the hope of securing another North Korea-type framework agreement. His secretary of state warns of “crippling” sanctions, but knows they are unlikely to be imposed
3. "Abortion doctor shot to death at his church" Interesing perspective from a fellow atheist.
Representative Sample:When I lost my Christian faith, abortion was one of many issues about which I was morally agnostic: I literally had no idea if it was morally right or wrong. So I turned my new skills of critical thinking on the problem.
4. "“Revolutions happen when a system suffers a major loss of political legitimacy.”" Is the UK ripe for revolution?
Representative Sample: I’m no expert on the British character, but I would not expect such behavior by itself to drive a revolution. However, it has a synergistic effect with a shrinking economy and significantly higher unemployment, which Britain is suffering. No one likes it when they suffer while their political elites are prospering by playing fast and loose with the rules.
5. "Inflatable Church" People will think of anything.
Representative Sample: With link to pictures.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.