1. "FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PAY SKYROCKETS WHILE PRIVATE SECTOR SUFFERS" Attack of the giant leeches.
Representative Sample: In the face of a severe recession in which the private sector has lost over seven million jobs, federal workers, both new and existing are enjoying unprecedented times of prosperity.
2. "Endgame"A great explanation for many things.
Representative Sample: It's a series of graphics.
3. "Bart Willruth On The Christmas Wars" One of the better articles I've seen on that topic.
Representative Sample:The ultimate irony is that the Protestant Christians who first settled America did not celebrate Christmas for nearly two centuries. For many years in Massachusetts, it was actually illegal to celebrate Christmas (obviously before the Irish Catholic influx). Likewise in 17th century England it was illegal to celebrate Christmas.
4. "The 8th Annual Right Wing News Conservative Blog Awards" No, I didn't make the list.
Representative Sample: RWN has put together the "8th Annual Right Wing News Conservative Blog Awards." More than 250 bloggers were invited to vote for their favorite blog in numerous categories and 49 responded.
5. "God's Killings in Judges" When I was a kid sitting bored in church, I often read the Bible, particularly the Old Testament, since it was full of action. Here's a tally of the death toll in just one book.
Representative Sample: Here's a summary of God's killings in Judges
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.