Saturday, December 12, 2009

Laughing at the Left, Yet Again

I came across a post called, "Saturday Morning: We’re Living the “Shock Doctrine," at a blog called The Confluence. I'd never heard of it before. The post is hilarious, a prime example of how out of touch with reality some on the left seem to be. The title refers to a book by noted loon Naomi Klein, who the blog poster actually takes seriously. But leaving Klein aside, consider these excerpts from the post.
When Reagan was elected, I kind of checked out for awhile. I refused to read newspapers or watch TV news. I knew it was going to be bad, and so I just focused on other things than politics.
Yeah, getting rid of Jimmy Carter and actually electing an effective president was just such a horror. But how childish is this reaction? I'm going to go sulk because the election didn't go my way. I guess everyone on the right should have focused on something other than politics when Obama was elected.
I did that again for awhile after 2000. I was so devastated by what happened–how the election was stolen with the help of the U.S. Supreme Court. I checked out again for awhile–until Bush used 9/11 to attack Afghanistan and Iraq.
It's pretty hard to read that without laughing out loud.
the fact that these shocks are being administered in the name of health care reform seems so hideous and cruel, that it’s hard to remain present and keep educating yourself about what is happening. Sometimes, I really feel like I’m being hit in the head with a hammer–again…and again…and again.
The plight of someone far on the left, attacked from all sides. Those Democrats are such a big disappointment.
Let’s face it: President Obama is Big Brother from Orwell’s 1984.
It's funny how the whackjobs on the far left and far right tend to agree on certain points. Paranoia, conspiracy-theory thinking, and feelings of persecution tend to lead to some of the same conclusions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment