1. "A WORLD GONE MAD" One of the better takes on climate change extremism.
Representative Sample: The world has gone mad and our president is in lock step with them as they approach the precipice. Even if you “believe” the science - and not all climate change advocates are frauds, or evangelists for warming, or commies wanting to take over the world - the reaction of the planet’s leaders to this problem is blown titanically out of proportion. It is the Precautionary Principle run wild.
2. "Deranged Democrat Grayson Wants to Imprison Critic" Yet another example of how the left only believes in free speech for those who agree.
Representative Sample: U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson of Orlando took such offense at a parody website aimed at unseating him that the freshman Democrat has asked that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder investigate the Lake County activist who started the anti-Grayson website “mycongressmanisnuts.com.”
3. "Video advice for dealing with police due out in January 2010" Includes video trailer.
Representative Sample: Unlike most civil liberties groups, Flex Your Rights is dedicated to trying to prevent civil liberties violations instead of addressing them after the fact in the courts.
4. "Counting the Costs of Modern War" And the need to cut them.
Representative Sample: I don’t think we help our cause by losing the wars we are fighting today, or trying to fight these wars by constantly fretting, looking over our shoulder at the future, fighting with one or both hands tied behind our back. All services, especially the more costly Air Force and Navy must embrace these New Wars, else they will face irrelevance and continue to see cuts on a dramatic scale.
5. "A Catch-and-Release Policy for Pirates" This is what happens when you ignore centuries of practical anti-piracy tactics in favor of idiotic legalism.
Representative Sample:What then, is the point, of the U.S. and other nations sending its warships to patrol the coast of East Africa if they’re going to simply release the captured culprits?
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.