1. "The Auto Bailout One Year Later: Was It Necessary? Did It Work?" Definitely not. Depends what you mean by "work."
Representative Sample: In hindsight it is easy to see we should have allowed GM and Chrysler to go bankrupt last year. Perhaps they could have reorganized, shed some of their liabilities and become viable concerns again. Perhaps they would have had to liquidate, in which case their factories and their brands would have gone to companies that could have made better use of them.
2. "Venezuela: “Thousands of Russian missiles” coming" Eventually something will probably have to be done about Chavez.
Representative Sample: Venezuela has received thousands of Russian-made missiles and rocket launchers as part of his government’s military preparations for a possible armed conflict with neighboring Colombia.
3. "JOURNAL: Fighting an Automated Bureaucracy" The U.S. military in Afghanistan isn't just hampered by difficult terrain and an elusive enemy.
Representative Sample: From an insurgents perspective (key to understanding the issue), the US military's command and control system is a gift from God. It's lethargic.
4. "Condom Law: NSFW" There is no area of business or life itself that some group of nanny staters doesn't want to regulate.
Representative Sample: The AIDS Healthcare Foundation is lobbying California to require the use of condoms in porn movies.
5. "What is This Graph About?" Can you guess by looking at it?
Representative Sample: It's a graphic.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.