1. "Five Unanswered Questions about U.S. Strategy in Afghanistan"Don't expect any good answers any time soon.
Representative Sample: 4. If the U.S. efforts in Afghanistan will not be finished quickly or easily as the president surmised last night, how then can the U.S. agree to a timetable for withdrawal with a straight face?
2. "A Deal-breaker" Why is God hiding?
Representative Sample: A lot of people think they know things about “God” which they have no good reason to think they know, and even which seem to be contradicted by everything we see around us. It’s odd that the discrepancies don’t interfere with the knowledge.
3. "Does The Navy Have A Place In McChrystal’s War?" A question most would probably not think to ask.
Representative Sample: The Navy’s primary contribution so far has been combat air support. But, airstrikes have fallen out of favor in Afghanistan as of late due to mounting civilian casualties. McChrystal’s new strategy should worry the Navy leadership, since Secretary of Defense Gates has demonstrated a strong preference for funding programs with applications in current conflicts
4. "An Illustration Of Obama’s Adorable Commitment To Reigning In The Deficit" I doubt even Obama thinks anyone believes he's actually worried about the deficit.
Representative Sample: It's a graphic.
5. "U.S. Defense Exports Still Dominate Market" We're number 1!
Representative Sample: France and Russia are increasingly aggressive in courting customers for their military products, but it is the U.S. that is raking in the big dollars — and increasingly so.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.