1. "Revisiting the 'Terrorist Threat Debate'" Things to think about.
Representative Sample: while there has in fact been a declining trend in the number of terrorist attacks since the 1980s, there has been a concommitant tendency for increasingly spectacular incidents -- and importantly, this increase has been marked by the dramatic rise of religious terrorism
2. "Iran: Can the Islamic Republic Survive?" Let's hope not.
Representative Sample: according to reports, the violence of the regime appears to betray more than a whiff of desperation, and some forces appear to be losing their stomach for brutalizing unarmed citizens.
3. "The atheist of the year award 2009" You can vote up to Jan. 15.
Representative Sample:There are a few names that come to mind as deserving the Atheist of the Year Award. Some of the names on the list of nominees are to be expected. Other names are people who have worked largely behind the scenes.
4. "Finding the Good in Obamacare" Despite its overall negative impact, in a bill that large there have to be some good things.
Representative Sample: The new legislation has plenty of downsides but an honest look at it from a conservative, free market perspective reveals a few bright spots too. Five that stand out follow
5. "Mr. Deity and the Magic, Part Deux" If you haven't seen the Mr. Deity episodes, you are missing out.
Representative Sample: It's a video.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.