1. "The Next Showdown"An arms control treaty favoring the Russians?
Representative Sample: While GOP Senators couldn't defeat Obama care (it's amazing how many votes Harry Reid can buy with a few billion tax dollars), there is another showdown they actually have a chance of winning--providing, of course, they stick together and don't give in to compromise.
2. "The Greatest Gifts: A Christmas Post" I don't agree with all of these, but an interesting list.
Representative Sample: Given that international politics is a competitive realm-and sometimes brutally so-you wouldn't expect to see a lot of selfless generosity. But it does occur at times, and the week between Hanukah and Christmas seemed like the perfect opportunity to offer up a list of the "greatest gifts" that one country ever bestowed on others.
3. "The 20 dumbest things said about Obamacare"It must have been hard to pick just 20.
Representative Sample:16. SEN. TOM HARKIN (D-IA): “I Have Said Many Times That The Two Biggest Winners Under Our Health Care Reform Bill Are Small Businesses And The Self-Employed.” ... Well, I suppose you can consider the 111 federal agencies that this act will create “small businesses.”
4. "The Most Bizarre Christmas Tradition Ever" I had to link this.
Representative Sample: Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the Spaniards?
5. "Obama signs away American rights" If there is a bad idea out there that goes against U.S. interests, Obama will probably embrace it.
Representative Sample: Obama’s radicalism in supporting the diminishment of American sovereignty under the guise of “repair of America’s image abroad” is well known.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.