1. "Saudi Liberal Muslim says West is more moral" Something many of our own left-wingers fail to recognize.
Representative Sample: In a recent article in the Kuwaiti daily Al-Siyassa (October, 2009), Saudi liberal Muhammad Jamil Kutbi wrote that the Arabs and Muslims are unjustified in regarding themselves as morally superior to the West. He argued that although Islam champions values such as equality, justice and charity, the West actually surpasses the Muslim world at implementing these values.
2. "Krugman on the Minimum Wage" Debunking Krugman.
Representative Sample: A significant part of the Keynesian argument against free markets (and for minimum wages) rests on the argument that Krugman presents. The assumptions that this argument rests on are simply not true.
3. "Does anyone believe Obama?" No one with any sense.
Representative Sample: Most Americans realize by now that he'll say anything to advance his agenda. I doubt they're even listening. Propaganda is inherently boring.
4. "The insurgency you may never have heard of..." Links an interesting article.
Representative Sample:Check out Duncan McCargo's short and insightful commentary on the Malay Muslim insurgency in southern Thailand
5. "How Did This Happen?" Short but accurate, and links amusing Democratic attack on Obama.
Representative Sample: It’s time for the president to get his hands dirty. Some of us have compromised our compromised compromise.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.